This article is about Cogsy's integration with Locate Inventory.
What data sources are supported by the Locate integration?
Cogsy can currently ingest the following data from your Locate Inventory account:
- Product / SKU data (read-only)
- Order data (read-only)
- Purchase Orders (read & write)
Connecting Cogsy with Locate
- In your Cogsy dashboard, navigate to the Settings Integrations section.
- Click the "Add Integration" button and select Locate.
- You will now need both your Locate API key and your Locate domain (e.g: example.locateinv.com).
To get your Locate API key, here's what you need to do:
- Login to the LOCATE instance with a user account that has Administrator (the user is a member of the Administrators group) access.
- In the top right corner click on Setup > Users.
- Click on the “New User” button in the top right of the table.
- Enter a First Name and Last Name to identify the the account. Select “API” from the User Type drop down. Enter an Email Address and click “Save”.
- You will be presented with the new user’s details and most importantly their “API Key”.
Once you have saved that user, on the same screen click on the "Permissions" tab:
You will now need to click "Grant" for each of the following permissions:
- "Issue Purchase Order"
- "View Ledger"
- "Auto-Link User to All Sites"
Purchase Orders in Locate
Cogsy has a two-way sync available for your purchase orders in Cogsy and Locate. Here's how this works:
- Cogsy will automatically track any open purchase orders that you have created in Locate and we'll include that in the calculation of "In-Transit" units for each SKU. When you make updates to those purchase orders in Locate, the changes will reflect in Cogsy too.
- You can also create a recommended purchase order in Cogsy (see more details here). Once you "Mark as Submitted" any of those purchase orders, we'll draft that purchase order in Locate for you with a status of "Unissued". You are then able to continue your workflow on that purchase in Locate and Cogsy will just sync those changes as you make them in Locate.
Note: We highly recommend that you specify a default vendor for every part (details here) if you'd like to include these parts (or SKUs) in Cogsy-created purchase orders.